Heavy Hammer is immediately seeking a Graphic & Web Designer to work full time in our Annapolis office. This candidate will join our cross-functional Tech team to work as part of an Agile team to design digital assets and work with developers to, test and troubleshoot various software applications for both web and mobile. The candidate is expected to have reasonable analysis, debugging and problem-solving skills with a willingness to learn and contribute to overall team growth. The atmosphere is very friendly and inclusive. We are looking for someone with the right fit, and positive energy. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys both graphic design and who is eager in expanding his/her skill sets into web and frontend design. This opportunity is great for a designer to learn additional skills related to full stack development.
- Work with leadership to develop graphic assets and products that promotes Heavy Hammer’s business objectives
- Work closely with the developers (web and mobile) as a member of the Tech team to plan, build, and maintain frontend design systems; design, implement, estimate, and contribute throughout the Product Development Life Cycle.
- You will design and develop User Interface proof of concepts, prototypes, and mockups; coding consistent, efficient, maintainable, and scalable UI components.
- You are expected to research, communicate, discuss and implement web and graphic design best practices.
- A portfolio of your design work, both graphic and web
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Familiarity with web design and development process including a willingness to learn HTML5, CSS3, PHP, and MySQL
- Eager to learn about Responsive Web design
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and communicate progress throughout each project
- Ability to work independently but most of all collaboratively
NICE TO HAVES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or Computer Science
- Familiarity with ticketing Tools
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies
- Familiarity working with Joomla and WordPress
- Some frontend framework experience (AngularJS, React, Backbone, Sails, Node, or Ember)
- Familiarity with Relational Database Management Systems
- Knowledge of Linux, RESTful API integration, and Ajax
- Experience with version control i.e. Apache Subversion, Github, Gitlab